GSA 8(a) Stars II
Constellation has been awarded a contract under the General Services Administration’s 8(a) Streamlined Technology Acquisition Resources for Services II GSA 8(a) STARS II program. The STARS II Government Wide Acquisition Contract (GWAC) is a small business set-aside, multiple award indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract for technology solutions. The 8(a) STARS II design consists of two constellations (tiers) based on industry accreditations. Each of the 8(a) STARS II constellations includes four functional areas designated by the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS). These NAICS functional areas are: 541511 Custom Computer Programming Services, 541512 Computer Systems Design Services, 541513 Computer Facilities Management Services, and 541519 Other Computer Related Services. Constellation was awarded all four Functional Areas in Constellation 1.
STARS II Features Include:
- Multiple award, indefinite delivery indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract vehicle
- Five-year base with one five-year option
- $10 billion program ceiling
- Directed Order Authority: Directed task orders up to $4 million each are allowed for federal civilian and Department of Defense activities.
STARS II Benefits Include:
- 8(a) socioeconomic credit transferrable to the agency
- Pre-competed, easy to use contracts
- Access to proven 8(a) small business technology providers
- Shortened procurement lead time
- A low user access fee (0.75 percent) built into contractor’s ceiling prices